Sunday, March 3, 2013

Texas Roadhouse

While doing this Blog, it struck me that I hadn't thought to look at what restaurants opened in the 1990s. So I went to Google and searched. I found quite a few places, but I went with this one. Almost everyone knows this one. I have been to a Texas Roadhouse once in my lifetime. And frankly, I'll probably never go back. I only went because a friend / (now ex) co-worker wanted to go. So I went with my boyfriend, my co-worker, and her boyfriend (at the time; they are no longer together).

I don't even recall what I ordered, I think I ordered a pulled pork burger, with a salad which honestly wasn't even that good. The wait was really long, and the waitress was well....snotty? I'll use that word to put it politely. Honestly, I found that for what we got was totally NOT worth the price. And the music?....I wanted to put my knives in my ears...I really can't stand country music....SORRY for anyone who actually Likes it....

In any event here some history to go along with this restaurant chain; It was founded on February 17th, 1993 in Indiana by Kent Taylor. Former Kentucky Governor John Y. Brown Jr. helped Taylor by backing him with $80,000. At the time it was named; Buckhead Hickorey Grill. Later on Taylor found new partners, and was forced to change the name of the restaurant; thus named Texas Roadhouse expanded rapidly in the 1990's. By 1999 there were 67 restaurants.

Personally I wouldn't recommend going back there, but to each their own. It might be as bad as it was that night I went years ago. Though being in a restaurant setting myself, I know that it only takes 1 bad time with a customer for them to never come back.




~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment