Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Creepy Crawlers!!!

I will admit, I had one of these and I loved it! I wish I still had it. For anyone who had an easy bake oven (I had one of those too..) it was a boys version of the Easy Bake Oven. Except you got to make cool bugs, and other creatures.

All it was, was a machine with a little light bulb that cooked some plasticgoop (the stuff to MAKE the creatures) and it cooked for so long before they were done, and you let the mold cool and then you could play with the creatures.

These are just a few of the molds you could have chosen from as a kid to fill with the plasticgoop.

What's funny about this particular toy, was the fact that it was around way before the 90's. It was actually started in 1964, though it got a revival in 1992.

This was the set I grew up with. It consisted of two molds, 4 colors, and one plastic "scoop"as a means to remove the molds once they were done "cooking". I actually saw a set in a Toys R Us around my birthday, and I almost bought one. 
~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment