Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pokemon, yes I was a fan...

So Pokemon, oh where do I begin...well it started in 1996. I was 10, and somehow my sisters and I got sucked into the phenomena known as Pokemon. I went over my cousins house one day, frankly I think my aunt just wanted her sons to go outside and play. My sisters and I went over there, and we ended up watching the Cartoon; Pokemon. From then we were hooked. My cousins and I were on a mission to "Collect them all." And we were going to do whatever it took to do so. Ok, so really this was just a fad in the 90's that kids got into. Whether we liked to admit now or not. I will admit I was one of those crazy kids that BEGGED their mom to take them to the mall Every weekend to go to KB Toys and get the Pokemon Trading Cards, and see which ones I got. Mostly I look back and see what a waste of money it was. In my day, there was about 150 of these creatures. They varied by type, such as; water, fire, plant, ground, psychic, electric, normal, and insect. Since 1996, it has now grown to about 649. 

Personally, I was fine when I had the Original Gameboy (A hand held game system) when it only had Red and Blue. My sisters and I would spend hours catching these creatures and then using a special connector we would trade pokemon. When we could afford it, my mom bought the Pokemon Stadium games for the N64 (It's a really old game system). Apparently collecting insects was a favorite past time of the creator of Pokemon, so he wanted to bring something he enjoyed as a child to everyone else. I thought that was interesting to learn about. 

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment