Wednesday, February 20, 2013

SNL Skits


I loved the 90's SNL skits, and actually they did a tv program about SNL recently on tv that I watched with my family. I have never laughed so hard as I did when I watched all those 90's SNL skits. My 3 Favorite's from that era was Chris  Farley, Adam Sandler and David Spade. This was just a little clip I found about Christ Farely and David Spade.  


I can recall watching Chris Farely's; Matt Foley skit and dying laughing. I also own Black Sheep and Tommy Boy which are my two favorite movies from him. 

Chris Farley and David Spade

Of the new cast members of the show, Chris Farley was also not afraid to trade on his size for laughs. In one sketch he played a shirtless dancer, opposite the trim and muscular Dirty Dancing star Patrick Swayze, as they competed in an audition for a position with the Chippendales male dance troupe. Another recurring Farley character was the manic, thrice-divorced motivational speaker Matt Foley, whose schtick consisted mainly of yelling at and whining to his clients about having to live "in a van down by the river", and hurling himself around the room, demolishing everything in sight. Farley was fired from the show in 1995, but went on to star in successful movies like Tommy Boy and Black Sheep with David Spade, and Beverly Hills Ninja with Chris Rock and Nicolette Sheridan. After leaving SNL he began abusing drugs heavily. Following his last SNL appearance as a guest host on October 25, 1997,[1] his hoarse voice, continual perspiration and flushed skin were the subject of public scrutiny.[2][3] In the years before his death, Farley had sought treatment for obesity and drug abuse on seventeen separate occasions.[4] He died from an overdose of acombination of cocaine and morphine on December 18, 1997, aged 33.[5] Sandler and Farley also did a song called "Lunch Lady Land", with Farley dancing while dressed up as a lunch lady

~ Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment